A few snippets of text–You’ll have to come in to see the rest of the illustrations!
- The vital function that pets fulfill in this world hasn’t been fully recognized. They keep millions of people sane. They have become Guardians of Being.
- Close your eyes and say to yourself: ‘I wonder what my next thought is going to be.’ Then become as alert as a cat watching a mouse hold. You may find that, as long as you are absolutely alert, the next thought does not arise…
- I have lived with many Zen masters, all of them cats.
- The human says, ‘I love myself,’ or, ‘I hate myself.’ The dog says, ‘Woof, woof,’ which translated, means I Am Myself. I call that integrity–being one with yourself.
- The key to transformation is to make friends with this moment. What form it takes doesn’t matter. Say yes to it. Allow it. Be with it. Oh, that was the dog’s teaching. I’m just translating it into words.
- Every being is a spark of the Divine or God. Look into the eyes of the dog and sense that innermost core.