“Magick is not a path for followers; it is a path for questioners, seekers, and anyone who has trouble settling for dogma and pre-formulated answers.
Magick is for those who feel the desire to peel away the surface of reality and see what lies beneath.
Like various persecuted forms of mysticism, magick promotes direct contact with the source of creation.”
~ Damien Echols
Discover a Powerful Practice for Transforming Yourself and Your Reality
Courage. Heart. Discipline. We are always eager to hear stories of resilience and perseverance. No matter who you are, or what obstacles you face, you will be inspired and encouraged by Damien Echols’ intimate revelation of his personal rituals, and the magickal work that kept him alive and brought him safely through a dark time.
A story of resilience in the face of impossible circumstances
At age 18, Damien Echols was sentenced to death for a crime he didn’t commit. “I spent my years in prison training to be a true magician,” he recalls. “I used magick―the practice of reshaping reality through our intention and will―to stave off incredible pain, despair, and isolation. But the most amazing feat of all that practice and study was to manifest my freedom.” With High Magick, this bestselling author shares his first teaching book on the powerful spiritual techniques that helped him survive and transcend his ordeal on death row.
Though our culture has consigned “magic” to fiction, stage illusions, or superstitions about dark practices, the magick Damien learned is an ancient Western tradition equal the Eastern practices of Buddhism, Taoism, and yoga in its wisdom and transformative power. Here he brings you an engaging and highly accessible guide for bringing magick into your own life.
Some Highlights from the Book
“Magick is a journey, It’s a continuously unfolding path that has no end. You can study and practice magick for the rest of your life and you will still never learn everything that it has to teach you.”
~ Damien Echols
• What is High Magick? Damien clears away the stigma and reveals the history and core teachings of this extraordinary art.
• The Four-Fold Breath―a foundational meditation practice to train your mind and body to channel subtle energies.
• The Middle Pillar―how to bring divine energy into the central channel of your body for empowerment and healing.
• The Qabalistic Cross―a centering technique to help you stay balanced and protected regardless of circumstances.
• The Lesser Rituals of the Pentagram―powerful practices for banishing negative energies and invoking energy to manifest your goals.
• Working with angelic beings and other spiritual allies to support your practice.
• Creating thoughtforms to assist you in your ongoing magickal development.
• Guidance for overcoming your doubts, enhancing your visualization skills, creating talismans, practicing magick ethically, and much more.
If you’re ready to discover your untapped potential for co-creating your reality with the energy of the divine, then join this extraordinary teacher to begin your training in High Magick.
More about Damien
Damien Echols was born in 1974 and grew up in Mississippi, Tennessee, Maryland, Oregon, and Arkansas. At age eighteen, he was arrested along with Jason Baldwin and Jessie Miskelley and charged with the deaths of three boys, now known as the Robin Hood Hill murders, in West Memphis, Arkansas. Echols received a death sentence and spent almost eighteen years on Death Row, until he, Baldwin, and Misskelley were released in 2011.
The West Memphis Three have been the subject of Paradise Lost, a three-part documentary series produced by HBO, and West of Memphis, a documentary produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh. Damien is also the author of the New York Times bestseller Life After Death and Yours for Eternity (with his wife Lorri Davis).
While in prison, Damien was ordained into the Rinzai Zen Buddhist tradition. Today he teaches classes on magick around the country and works as a visual artist. He and Lorri live in New York City with their three cats.