“We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.”
Intuition is frequently perceived as a feminine characteristic or a purely psychic skill reserved for a few. Some of us have more of a natural intuitive sense and are content with the random occurrences we call “synchronicity”. I believe synchronicities are not simply unexplainable, well-timed and random events, but instances of natural intuitive skills at work. The noticing of them is also a gift; a taste of a hint of what’s possible for you, should you become curious about your intuitive nature and make a habit of deepening those skills with practice.
Why invest in developing your natural latent skills? Because those synchronistic occurrences feel good, don’t they? Wouldn’t you like to have more of them? They’re uplifting, helping us feel more connected or filled up inside and have the power to transform us into that which we aspire to. My clients and students often report that they feel “in flow”; “guided”; “connected” and “ignited”. They also weather the dips in life with more grace and poise.
In short, developing our intuitive skills aligns us with our efforts in becoming what we intend, instead of playing it safe, by clinging to our perceptions of who we presently believe ourselves to be. If you feel stuck, or find yourself holding onto a perception of yourself that’s felt comfortable, but lackluster, then exploring your natural intuitive abilities can help you evolve beyond that into a new experience of your Self. What Oprah said is relevant, although I would make a slight change and say, “We cannot become who we are meant to be, by remaining what we are”.
Taking steps to develop your intuition can open up a new world of self discovery in which a reclaiming of your inner power and a connection to your purpose can coalesce into a life full of constant synchronicities. It’s one reason why I love intuitive life coaching because I see clients personally evolve and blossom into a more fulfilled and larger versions of themselves, while using their intuitive skills to make a quantifiable positive difference in the world.
So what’s the secret to developing your intuitive skills?
In my program taught in my coaching intensives and in my online training I teach three basic concepts in sections that I believe are essential to any intuitive development program.
The first is The Art of Achieving Stillness.
The first is “The Art of Achieving Stillness”. There are six modules in this section and the first of the six in The Art of Achieving Stillness, is the practice of meditation to create the spaciousness required to tune into the silence. Our psyches sometimes rebel against silence because our minds tend to be obsessed with it’s constant barrage of thoughts. A simple breathing practice is like a gentle invitation to the mind, which can rebel and resist the thought of practicing to learn stillness.
While the science of pranayama is the practice of different breathing patterns to affect different states of consciousness, I teach a few rhythmic patterns that not only quiet the mind but clean out the energy field from congested energies that keep our inner eye shut off. Try this simple exercise to bring the mind-noise down a few notches.
- Close your eyes and assess for the volume of mind-noise happening. Mind-noise sounds like white noise in the background usually containing miscellaneous content such as: “my back hurts”; “when will this be over?”; “ugh, I’m hungry”, etc, etc. Loudest volume is 10, least loud is 1 or a 0. Make a mental note of the number. The rating of this experience is part of your intuitive training.
- Connect your tongue to the top of your palate; then bring your focus to the tip of your nose. Wait for a few seconds and assess the volume of the mind noise now. Keep focusing on the nose for the volume to go down more. Take note of the decrease.
- Next without controlling your breath, simply be aware of the air passing on your nostrils. After a few seconds assess the volume again. What number is it now?
- Continue to be aware of the air passing on your nostrils, but on the next inhalation follow the sensation of the breath on the nostrils all the way up the sinus passages and down into the bottom rib cage. Notice your lower rib cage expanding as the breath moves into your lungs and hold at the top of the inhalation for a count of three. Then slowly exhale fully and completely allowing the rib cage to contract. The upper body should be relaxed and only the lower rib cage and abdominal area should be expanding on the inhalation. Relax at the bottom of the exhale for three seconds while remaining focused on the tip of the nose and the nostrils.
- On the next breath, inhale for a count of six all while focusing on the tip of the nose and the air passing on the nostrils. Hold at the top for a count of three and then exhale for a count of six and hold at the bottom for three. Do five more breathing cycles like this and then assess for the volume of the mind noise. Notice the difference in the number and the experience in your body.
You will no doubt have quieted the mind-noise down substantially and may even experience your body as more relaxed. Our intuition becomes more activated when the body is relaxed. A relaxed body has the space to feel, see & sense more than a tense body does, so this practice is multipurpose. Regular practice of this will have your senses developing in record time.
The second basic concept is the section called, “The Maintenance of Your Energetic Anatomy”
Without a comprehensive understanding of your chakras and how they impact your feelings, thoughts and actions, and without knowing how to quickly and effectively solve for energetic imbalances at the heart of all physical, mental & emotional suffering, you’re only partially equipped to handle the possible side effects of purposefully growing your psychic skills. There are 6 modules to this section and your sense of personal power increases by using the techniques taught.
The third section is “Understanding Universal Laws and Hermetic Terminology”
I often say that it’s easy to “see” energy or “feel” energy and it is more challenging to understand what it all means. When you understand the attributes of colored chi, you understand what a vision means instead of simply delighting at the vision from your inner eye. While I use personally authored content in my course, I also use curated texts. In this section one of my recommended texts is Joseph Weeds book “Wisdom of the Mystic Masters”. In this section of coursework your intuitive undertakings begin to take on deeper meanings.
What things would you like to use your intuitive skills to accomplish or align yourself with? How committed are you to having a rich and fulfilling life that’s more YOU than the You, you’re presently experiencing? You are bound to achieve your vision or even exceed your destiny as you move deeper into developing your intuition and your psychic skills.
To schedule a reading with Lani simply visit the readers online portal to book. You can pick up her recommended book picks at our online bookshop, or pop in for a socially distanced in person reading on our outdoor patio area by calling directly: (805) 564-3573
Intuitive Readings & Energy Healing
If you are looking for clarity on any topic, Lani, who as a natural clairvoyant, clairsentient and clairaudient can provide practical guidance and insight into all matters of life. Her work is a culmination of 20 years of experience in practice helping thousands to find relief from emotional and physical pain and suffering, while at the same time turning clients onto their own Inner Power and Magnificence…